Workshops are so much fun!


Recently I have been busy teaching various workshops in needle felting and corsage making.



One of the workshops was this really fun Needle Felting Flowers, held in the Potting Shed at Nymans Gardens, National Trust in Handcross.


I took the students through various techniques giving them a chance to explore as much as they want. Such talented and fun ladies who created such beautiful pieces of work!


The simple Pansy was a favourite, it even got its own little Bee!


I was lucky enough to join in the celebrations for Purls Birthday, a great shop full of yummy yarns, books and gifts.
I had the pleasure of giving a demonstration which ended up in everyone having a go!


I love to see people create and workshops like this are so relaxed and very inspiring.


Lots of giggles too! 


Another workshop at Nymans was the Corsage making course.


Once again I was blown away by their creativity!


A good old natter and helping each other always goes down well with the tea and cake Nymans provide.


One technique which I showed involved a candle, a flame and a bowl of water!



Lets just say that was a huge favourite amongst the group!



I love this corsage, its such a simple and quick tutorial and the students created stunning pieces from it.



We are hopefully going to do a Mother and Daughter workshop at Nymans for Mothers day next year, so I recommend you book early as its proven to be a lovely experience for all participants.



This week I was back at Nymans teaching the popular Needle Felting Animal Workshop.



I like to take all the students through a step by step process so that we all work together at the same time.
I usually show how to make a little Jack Russell as its processes are great for most animals.





They tend to look the same towards the end, but what I find so inspiring is how they all put their own little mark on as a finishing touch, from patches to collars!


One student was such a natural she created her own dog.
How cute is this Pug!!!!!!
Clever, clever students indeed.
(Makes me a very happy tutor!)


I have a few more workshops coming up at Nymans and Make It Yours Workshops so keep a look out on my Workshop Page in the tabs at the top of the page. I will try and keep you all updated as there are going to be a few from needle felting Christmas decorations, flowers and animals!

And to end on a HUGE high, not only do I have two projects in this months Making Magazine, my Peony Corsage tutorial has made the front page!



Comments

Workshops are great fun, I love going to events on how to better myself!

Popular Posts