Making Magazine....the end of a great craft.

I was updating my projects/writing page here on my blog this morning and realised I had photos from a gorgeous set of projects for Making Magazine that were never used due to it shutting down.

It was a very sad day when Making closed, I was there right from the very first issue four years ago, my big break!




Hair Garland



The magazine was a huge inspiration to many people filled to the brim with so many projects, it was a publication  ''Encouraging crafters to step out of their comfort zone and try something new" as Emma the editor of Making mentioned in her last 'Ed's letter'


Table Mats & Napkins

I was pushed out of my comfort zone many times when given the projects to make and write, learning something new, a technique, how to write a tutorial and take great pictures.

 Over the years I have come to realise that pushing yourself into new challenges can be daunting but embracing it you can sometimes reap great rewards.

I have loved every second, meeting and becoming friends with such a great team even the last minute deadlines where fun .....


Teacup Pincushion

...but most of all I have loved and appreciated the joy and happiness that my projects have given to everyone else.

Thank You!
x



Comments

Popular Posts