needle felted vegetables - wear what you eat!



My latest needle felted creations have been an idea that has been growing in my mind for some time, so after planting the seed I finally put needle to wool and have started a Vegetable Collection!



I love it when an idea comes together, I started with the radish as its such a vibrant use of colour (and partly due to the fact I had nibbled a few real ones recently!). As it worked it seemed natural to go on and come up with some other needle felted vegetables.





So far Ive created Cauliflower, Baby Carrots and Peas in a Pod vegetables to be worn as brooches but its certainly got me thinking as to how else they might be used....




....what would you have them as?
Ive put these now in my Etsy and Folksy shops online, I'm planning to make some other vegetables, perhaps beetroot, broccoli...
If you would like a commissioned vegetable brooch, please feel free to give me a shout. Always happy to except a challenge!






Comments

Jo said…
fantastic! I once crocheted a little bunch of veg like that and I made them into a keyring for my mate who did healthy eating workshops at schools, she used to hang it on her trolley of work gear and she said the children always asked if they were real! jo x
Unknown said…
Grea!! xx
Winter said…
These look amazing! Do you have any sources for how to do this? I really want to learn! Thanks :)
Emma Herian said…
Hi Winter
I am planning on writing a tutorial for the some of the needle felted vegetables and will be adding them as a PDF via my Etsy shop.
Emma x

Popular Posts