Felt & Fur - sewing projects using Shannon Cuddle fabrics





As some of you might already know I wrote a sewing book last year with some fun projects in it using just two types of fabric, felt and fur (Hence the title of the book ( Felt & Fur!) The soft fur like fabric was actually a type that most people like to refer to as Cuddle fabric and Shannon Fabrics are one of the best companies to create and sell this unique and textured fabric.

Image : Shannon Fabrics

The lovely folk at Shannon have over the last six months or so recreated some of my project from the book Felt & Fur using and showcasing how amazing their tactile fabrics can be used and I must admit these photographic images on their Instagram showing some of the projects are just so cute!

Image : Shannon Fabric

In these woodland themed images they have recreated my toadstool pattern and I am so thrilled with how they look and sit in this whimsical woodland scene!

Image : Shannon Fabric

I mean, how cute are they!


Image : Shannon Fabrics


On Cinco De Mayo day (5th May) to celebrate the team at Shannon Fabrics recreated the cacti and llama projects from the book and took these beautiful, vibrant fun images.


Image : Shannon Fabrics



Image : Shannon Fabrics


It’s so nice to see that the projects come to life and I would love to see what people have made from my book, I’m sure there are some personal takes on a few…..


Image : Shannon Fabrics


….when it came to making the cacti I loved how the green fabric felt so soft yet tactile and how you could squish and cuddle up to a spike free cactus!

The Shannon Fabric website has some great information, hints and tips and a blog plus a great choice of fabrics. The range is vast from solid colours, patterned or embossed; each one can add just that something special to any project you want to make.

If you would like to have a go and making something using this great fabric then my book Felt & Fur has 20 whimsical and wonderful projects suitable for beginners or for those with more experience.

Do check out this fun YouTube video of how to make the juicy watermelon! 


Enjoy!


 







 


Comments

Popular Posts