A good read - Meadowland by John Lewis-Stemple


I don't often get the chance to read anymore, I struggle to stay awake at night and there just never seems to be the right time in the day but when I do it has to be a book that I can't put down, one that grabs my attention and tempts me into another world.

Meadowland by John Lewis-Stemple is just that book!

So beautifully written I find myself transported to the edge of a Welsh meadow, lying on the grass looking, smelling and listening to a wildlife microcosm,  forever changing through the seasons. 

It has opened my eyes to a my surroundings, to slow down a bit and look closely, unfortunately the book is so good I am trying to not devour it too quickly!






Looking back at the books I have read, the ones that I  have been immersed in seem to be following a similar path so here are my favourite reads on nature :

Four Hedges - Clare Leighton
Deep Country - Neil Ansell
Red Sky At Night - Jane Strutters

and of course ...




Comments

Popular Posts