I need pattern in my life.

Sorry for the sideways pic, I should reload it but I will never get this post done! Anyway, it is a picture of some recent books that I have been purchasing.


The Russian Textile book is probably my favourite EVER! The patterns are divine and so colourful.


I am sure I have some kind of past with Russia as I naturally feel at home looking a them. I strongly recommend that you purchase this book if you like floral patterns, simply a feast!



The other book which is a must is Art Deco Textiles. I am very much into this era at the moment, I love reading novels from this time, painters and of course the textiles.



Again, I apologise for the sideways look. The picture above is of a landscape in textiles form. In the book they show you how a lot of this kind of fabric was used in dresses. Stunning!





For a more contempory modern pattern book, Cutting-Edge Pattern & Textures is a great book to see whats out there now. I love the wee birdies in this one......


....and the dancing Foxes in this.
I have realised that in my home I have a great LACK of patterns!
So I decided to go around and snap any I see.



A small painting my father did when I was about 5........





A tile around the fireplace.......




Of course a bit of CK in the dinning room......




A painting by this clever lady, given as a wedding gift.......






The fireplace........



Some very old printing blocks I have had for years.......






Another one......





The base of a lamp that we inherited. I would love to know more about it......






And some gorgeous ragged balls from the talented Ragged Roses.
It was a struggle to find even these, so I think I need more Pattern in my life!
Anyway, I have recieved some awards recently and I will post them next time, promise!
But what I will say is that Kim and I have chosen our lucky winners of the Elderflower giveaway.
We read and drooled over all your yummy suggestions and the lucky winner from my blog is Mollimoo for her idea to add with honey, mustard and garlic as a glaze on roast lamb! mmmmmm Cant wait to try it! Some goodies will be in the post in a few days!



Well just a quick shop update, I have added some summery goodies in the way of Bunting!
I have enjoyed making these, CAKE, HOME & EAT! Both are in my Folksy and Etsy shops now.




Along with these little Mini Bunting Kits, perfect to keep thos little monkeys fingers busy this summer holiday.







I can't wait for my monkeys to break up from school and spend some time at Home!
Enjoy!




And EAT plenty of cake!

Comments

Ragged Roses said…
Summers spent eating cake and making bunting, how lovely!!!! Just mentioned to M about a trip to Rye, he's looking forward to it, so we shall have two Georgies to accompany us!
I LOVE your bunting Emma it is so lovely and pretty.
Enjoy your pattern books, that Russian one was fantastic, oh to be swanning around in those brilliant fabrics...
Kimx
whoatemycrayons said…
I love the idea of mini bunting kits. What a good idea to keep the monkeys busy during summer hols. Do you think they would be suitable for a 4 year old (going on 14)?
Tina Peacock said…
I just want to say a huge THANK YOU for my lovely package from your giveaway. I have been away & arrived back to some gorgeous goodies! Thanks so much x
Pomona said…
Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! I really love the red Russian patterns - I don't think I have enough pattern in my house, but I will now have to go and look - I might have missed some!

Pomona x
Floss said…
I love what you've posted about pattern. I think that because I have moved around a lot, usually with plain walls in every house or flat, I have a lot of patterend fabric things which I've always used to liven things up! I've never thought about that before, but it does mean that I can make instant changes with the seasons or with my moods or current trends, just by changing the smaller things in a room.

Have a great summer!
Duchess of Tea said…
I just stumbled into your blog and now I feel like I am in heaven. I simply adore what you have done to your blog. It is refreshingly interesting, a delight for the eye with loads of lovely photos. I am now a proud follower of your blog.

Love & Hugs
Duchess xoxoxo

Popular Posts