WIP - Getting the house into shape!



I know Wip Friday should be crafty, but I am trying to be crafty with this excuse. We are determined to get the house sorted this year, so my work in progress is this - the 3 D's! De- clutter, decorate and take delight in the house! Last Fridays WIP was the purchase of this Hall chair. It is very old but perfect for its purpose. It has decluttered our hall from all the shoes we kept falling over, its decorated a very dreary narrow hall and I take great delight in looking at it every day! TA DA! 3 D's!

The painting in the above picture was done by my father when I was very little, I loved it so much that I managed to persuade him to let me have it. Looks great in the lounge!

Our Lounge is the next WIP (which has been on going for 4 years!) We have finally decorated it in a very tasteful stone chalky colour and at last we have both agreed on carpet! We have stripped floorboards through out the house but the lounge gets oh sooooo drafty and cold in the winter that carpet is the best solution. It is being fitted next week and I can't quite belive it. Next is to tackle the sofa (need to re cover) and a cabinet/cupboard to hide the monstrosity of a television! Keep you posted!
I will do some proper textile work soon.... promise!

Comments

Popular Posts